Coach & Volunteer
Become a Coach
Your step-by-step guide to becoming a DYS coach
Step 1: Get your Background Checks (Required for New & returning Coaches)
Mandatory Compliance consists of three items all coaches and team managers need to be cleared to work with the children as part of our risk management efforts. NOTE: Links to many of these training resources will be accessible within the Coach Registration process in the GotSport site.
- Safesport Child Abuse Training (Annual refresher required) – Link to training will be available through the GotSport “Dashboard” tab once registered as a Coach.
- Concussion Training (Annual training required)
- PA Background Checks (Frequency of background checks varies based on resident status and type of clearance; Generally, PA State Background checks are good for 5 years)
DYS adheres to the Coach Compliance policies mandated by EPYSA. For more information visit: https://www.epysa.org/mandatory-coach-compliance/
Step 2: register via gotsport registration link
The link will take you to the Team Coach / Manager registration page on our GotSport site. In addition to uploading your mandatory background clearances and training certificates, you will need to upload your picture.
Helpful Coach Resources
soccer League Information
Volunteer for DYS
DYS is a volunteer based organization and we need your help!
Earn a refund of up to 75% of registration fees paid for each season you volunteer. Details provided below
HEAD Coach, Asst Coach
(2-8 hours per week depending
on age group)
We are always looking for experienced coaches! Email Coaching@DonegalYouthSoccer.org for more information.
- We provide training 2 times per year for those who wish to become coaches
- Eligible for 50% refund of player registration fees